The goings on of our little part of St. Louis. It ain't much, but it's ours.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
End of Week 2 - Wednesday to Friday
Well, Elmo and Darryl got the inspection done Tuesday. So Wednesday morning they finished up the drywall. They cut thr circle for the old fan vent - which was interesting to watch (I am learning quite a bit just watching them!) We have been having very interesting conversations all the while. These guys work really well together and as I have learned from them - they are one of just a few sets of contractors with Thomas that are considered high tier as far as the quality of their work. This makes me feel lucky. They went at it quickly and finished up with the drywall early on Wednesday. They couldn't go any further till they had their "screws" inspected by the city - what a waste of time all of this bureaucratic red tape - and then on Thursday they had to wait for the inspector till about 10:30 AM. This made Elmo quite furious. After the inspector left they quickly "mudded" the ceiling and walls. While waiting for it to dry they installed outlets and left early due to still wet walls. They came back Friday to put on the second coat of mud and then began hanging the upper cabinets - which they finished around 4PM. Looks beautiful - especially since the mass of oversized boxes were emptied and discarded making the chaos around here much more bearable. I really think I was beginning to lose my mind. I really was happy when I watched them try to organize the chaos I almost cried. They believe that they will install the rest of the cabinets next Monday. The appliances will all arrive Monday also. They plan on doing touch up stuff on Tuesday and then Wednesday the floor guys come to install the floor. Whew! All of this before we leave on vacation next Sunday. I am going to need this vacation even if Pat can't go. :( Kitchen Chronology
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment