Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Kitchen - Week 3 - Monday

The new appliances are supposed to arrive today - sometime between 9AM and 3PM. That's a really large window. Elmo went to town installing the lower cabinets while Darryl put on all the handles and put in the "soft close" mechanisms. They replaced some of the sub floor and "built" the sink base. All the sink base came with was a cabinet front. Elmo built the rest of the cabinet out of really hard 2x4 lumber. He is ready for the granite guy to come make his template for the tops. The floor guys come to lay the floor on Wednesday. Elmo also "floated out" the ceiling - which is looking very good compared to the huge holes that it used to have. The appliances came about 12:30 PM. Other than the new "chaos" of having the new appliances in the dining room - all seems to be going well. I am excited to see what it will look like on Friday (before we leave for Disney!) - I am hoping that it will be nearly finished by then so that when I come back from vacation I can get to painting and tiling. I wonder what color I should paint it - anyone have any suggestions??

No comments: