
I was getting ready to reload my notebook (I do this at least once a year to get rid of all of the Windows bloat). I inserted the restore disc, rebooted, and nothing happened. It booted to the CD, and then froze up. Crap!
I called the "Help" Desk, and was so excited to learn the my call was answered by a woman named Betty (yeah, right), from India. I explained my issue (4 times), and after several minutes with her, she transfered me to Bob (again yeah, right). He wasn't very helpful either. I had to explain my problem several times, as he didn't understand english to any great degree. The only thing he wanted me to do, I had already done. "please remove the battery and unplug the notebook. When that didn't work, he transfered me to John (amazing how all of these people from India have american names ain't it?). Well John didn't have a whole lot of support to offer. I asked him if these support calls usually went like this (i.e. upset customers, lengthy phone calls, no support), and he sheepishly replied "yes". Well at least he gave me all of the shipping info I needed, and had a box sent to me.
I was on the phone with those bozos for 1 hour, 10 minutes, and 25 seconds, for a box. Well needles to say I sent my notebook out and the repair centr cranked it out in just a few short days. They rock! Help Desk sucks!
No comments:
Post a Comment