Tuesday, August 29, 2006

AOL Update

I will no longer use AOL. When I installed it, I had hopd that the parental controls might be good enough to use on the computers the boys use. I will admit that I only had one problem with AOL. Most of what I saw wasn't too bad. They still use those stupid voices that just drive me up a wall
("You've got mail" and such), but I can deal with it. AOL uses Microsoft Internet Explorer that has security holes you could drive a Star Destroyer through, but I can deal with that too.

Aol open themselves up to people who already had a broadband connection for free. I like the price, so I signed up. What I didn't know, was AOL highjacks your "always on connection". If I wasn't in AOL, I couldn't surf or check email. None of the programs that require the internet to update themselves (i.e. AVG Antivirus, etc.) were able to connect.
Needless to say, I am not using that crap anymore.

Check it out: http://www.stopbadware.org


No comments: